The following instructions show you how to request to have your current blog migrated and your new Showit site launched! Follow these steps when you are ready for your site and blog to go live.
Please review Blog Migration Details before submitting a request.
Request to Have Your Blog Migrated
Inside of Showit, click "Site Settings" or "connect your domain" either will take you to the right place.
2. Click "EDIT" next to "Custom Domain"
3. Click the button to get started.
4. Enter your domain name where you'd like your site and blog to be if you don't yet own a domain, learn how to get one here.
5. Check the boxes for the settings that apply to your current setup and make sure you check the box for "I currently have a blog at this domain".
6. Double-check your details to ensure they are correct. Then provide your phone number and any additional info.
7. Next choose if you want to setup your blog now or wait until later. (Pro Tip: we suggest putting in this setup request as soon as possible. Nothing will go live until you update your domain's DNS and publish the site!)
8. When you click "Yes, proceed to blog setup" you will next be brought to this screen. Choose the blog setup type that represents your needs, in this case you would want to choose "migrate existing blog."
9. This screen is simply meant to ensure you know the domain your blog will be available at. Click Next to proceed.
10. Tell us the domain your blog is currently found at. (Pro Tip: Open your blog in another browser tab & copy + paste it over for full web formatting with the http)
11. Fill out the blog request form with your current registrar information (Pro Tip: The #1 thing that delays a blog migration is incorrect login info submitted here, double-check your credentials by logging in before submitting for smooth sailing!)
12. IMPORTANT - Here you will choose what happens after your blog is setup and migrated. You can either go live at that time or choose to have your blog setup but wait to go live until you contact the Showit team and inform them you are ready to launch.
13. Review your blog migration details, include any last additional notes, and click Submit when you're ready to send your request to the Showit team!
What Happens Next
Our team will migrate your blog for you and reach out once it is completed
Then you can point your DNS to Showit in your domain registrar account
Once DNS are pointed login to the Showit app and publish inside the app
Then reach out to the Showit team to ask them to set your SSL certificate
You are all finished, your site is live and good to go!
Glossary of Terms:
Domain Registrar — Where your current blog or website domain is registered. Usually a company like GoDaddy or Google Domains.
DNS Records — Domain Name System Records. These are the records that point your domain to your Showit site.
SSL Certificate — Secure Sockets Layer Certificate. This just means your site is secure.