The following instructions show you how to request to have a new blog configured on your domain and have your new Showit site launched! Follow these steps when you are ready for your site and blog to go live.
Request a New Blog Setup
Inside of Showit, click "Site Settings" or "connect your domain" either will take you to the right place.
2. Click "EDIT" next to "Custom Domain"
3. Enter your domain name where you'd like your site and blog to be
4. Check the boxes for the settings that apply to your current setup.
5. Confirm the details before finishing your setup request
6. Click "Submit" to finish the setup wizard
7. Next, choose to put in your blog setup request now or later
8. Click "Setup New Blog"
9. Fill out the new blog request form with your current registrar information.
10. Click "SUBMIT" and then kick back and relax! We will take it from here :)
What Happens Next
Our team will set up a new Wordpress blog for you and reach out once it is completed
Then you can point your DNS to Showit in your domain registrar account
Once DNS are pointed login to the Showit app and publish inside the app
Then reach out to the Showit team to ask them to set your SSL certificate
You are all finished, your site is live and good to go!
Glossary of Terms:
Domain Registrar — Where your current blog or website domain is registered. Usually a company like GoDaddy or Google Domains.
DNS Records — Domain Name System Records. These are the records that point your domain to your Showit site.
SSL Certificate — Secure Sockets Layer Certificate. This just means your site is secure.