If you are wanting to upload your own video file to be used as a canvas background you will need to make sure it is in a compatible format for your media servers.
Tools for Converting Video Files
Convert Video to MP4 with HandBrake
We suggest using the free video conversion software HandBrake to convert the files into small web-sized videos. An 8mb file size limit is in place for background videos to ensure they load quickly.
Download HandBrake free
Convert your video with these settings:
Recommended Aspect Ratio
When uploading video as a canvas background, we recommend setting a 16:9 aspect ratio of 1920x1080 for the best video quality. This is the default setting in many video conversion tools.
Add Your Video as a Canvas Background
1. Open the media library and click the “Upload Files” button in the bottom left corner.
2. Select your video file on your computer and upload it to your media library.
3. Select the canvas you would like to edit
4. Click the “Canvas Background” option on the right-hand properties panel.
5. From the “Type” drop-down, select “Video”.
6. Click the object icon that pops up and select your video from the media library
For more information on how mobile and desktop backgrounds sync, click here.